– to pause before you do or say something
Don’t hesitate to ask.
Please don’t hesitate to call.
Never hesitate to tell the truth.
I hesitated about which road to take.
– to come together in a single place or
to make something by joining separate parts together
We assemble in the theater hall after office.
This bookcase is easy to assemble.
– To examine a crime or problem, especially to discover the truth
We’ll investigate the matter.
I’m going to investigate this case.
– to raise someone to a higher position
My father was promoted to president.
He was promoted three times in one year.
– To improve in skills and knowledge
The work progressed smoothly.
She is progressing in English.
– to not trust someone or something
I’ve always distrusted him.
If you can think or learn everything in this way, including examples, then you will never face any problem any more. Let’s learn something more verbs like this, so that we can learn English quickly or speak fluent English. Try to remember well the examples I am using today. It will be very useful for you when you try to speak English.
Learn More Useful Verbs in English
– to say something with your voice
She uttered a scream of terror.
– to say or do something to someone that is rude or offensive
Don’t insult me.
I purchased one bag.
divide into parts
They were separated into two groups.
Bears can climb trees.
May I begin to eat?
I didn’t attack him.
– to enter a country by force with large numbers of soldiers in order to take possession of it
Hitler invaded Poland in 1939.
– Especially for the first time finding information, a place, or an object
I discovered the truth.
– Asking someone to go to an event
Did you invite him?
I hope your wish will come true.
– to lose hope or be without hope:
– to talk about something to other people, often exchanging ideas or opinions:
We can discuss this later.
There is a strike.
He was hit by a car.
You can’t hurt me.
He will glorify me.
She was very delighted with my gift.
Do you wish to go?
I can feel it.
He acts quickly.
They can’t be identified yet.
Never darken my door again!
– to copy someone’s speech or behavior
The children tried to imitate their teacher.
He presented his card.
I feel nauseous.
He built a new house.
Please wait here.
Her voice trembled with rage.
Let’s shake on it.
She wept at the news.
I feed my dog twice a day.
They dig a small hole in the sand.
I must enquire further into this matter.
Today I gave you more than 40 verbs; I hope it will work for you. These verbs are very useful when speaking English. That means they are used a lot when we speak English. If you can remember these, you’ll learn English very quickly. There are many more verbs like this I will try to share with you.